Today I shared how I beat the afternoon slump every day, long term sustainable energy with just 2 coffees a day – bulletproof coffee – recipe inside.
More on the 21 day challenge here.
My Bulletproof coffee recipe
- Black coffee – single origin, high grown (ideally organic)
- Grass fed butter (Kerrygold unsalted in UK and USA, Ballantyne in Australia)
- C8 MCT Oil (Ketosource in UK, Bulletproof in US and rest of world, Melrose make a decent one in Australia)
Extras for reducing inflammation and other things
- Collagen Protein powder (mornings 5-6 days only)
- Cayenne pepper
- Cacao Powder – Raw
- Tumeric powder
- Ginger powder
1 cup of coffee
2 tbsp butter
1-3 tsp of MCT
2 tbsp Collagen
1/4 tsp Cayenne (to taste)
1 tsp Cacao
1 tsp Tumeric
1/2 tsp Ginger
Transcript of beat the afternoon slump video:
Welcome to day number 15 of 21 day challenge don’t know what it is there’s a link in the description. Today I wanted to share a little tip about the afternoon slump remember that about you know an hour after lunch you’re like oh well that doesn’t happen to me anymore I might you may have heard about this on my bonus material that I sent out as a live video maybe duct if you haven’t then I’m going to cover it here.
What I’ve done it over the last couple of years is done different experiments with different eating styles, different food intakes you know to see, what the difference is and I found the thing that really helps me the most is personally what works for me is having a high fat diet I have very low carbs and I tried that for a while just low carbs – I was having a high protein diet still you know energy wise was great even across the day and that was pretty good so that did help me with the afternoon slump but the mind capabilities were not at 100% and I wasn’t particularly happy about that so I kept looking I kept hunting and now what I do is the high fat diet and I particularly have a bulletproof coffee – just two coffees a day and I want to share with you my recipe. It’s been a godsend of how useful that has been in leveling our energy cognitive ability memory improvement just amazing like I can’t say enough.
How to make Bulletproof coffee to beat the afternoon slump
If you want to do what I do this is how I make it I just do a French press coffee I make a particular type of coffee generally it needs to be single origin high grown, single estate ideally. The the high growing thing is about is about mould, we won’t go into that too much then. I add, personally I’m at two to three tablespoons of grass-fed butter and I’m at about two and a half tablespoons of MCT oil or c8 oil. You have to be really careful with this you have to start small with about one teaspoon then I have a teaspoon of turmeric, ginger cacao raw cacao not cocoa powder I you know it’s pure raw cacao cinnamon and I think that’s about it I’ll cayenne pepper, few shakes of cayenne pepper all those extra spices make it really any interesting flavor.
They all have anti-inflammatory properties which is fantastic I’ve seen my inflammation markers in my blood work go down which has been fantastic I’ve seen my good cholesterol going up so being a lot of really good fats like avocado etc etc anyway we won’t go into that today but that’s my recipe for the bulletproof coffee I hope you get some advantage from that and I will talk to you on the next video.
Recommendations so far:
- Unlimited Memory – Kevin Horsley – get it on Amazon AUS UK US
- Four Hour Work Week – Tim Ferriss – get it on Amazon AUS UK US
- Tools of Titans – Tim Ferriss – get it on Amazon AUS UK US
- Four Hour Body- Tim Ferriss – get it on Amazon AUS UK US
- Wave Apps – great free book keeping/ categorising software that you can use for your personal life too. Highly recommend it, free and good support. Can run multiple businesses from it, or even a single person keeping an eye on where all that money went 😉
- Pocketsmith – a subscription service that does the same job, has a lot more bells and whistles that are good if you like the pictures/ graphs and the like – more powerful auto categorisation engine.